MOVED TO NEW ORGANISERS WIKI
DoESLiverpool gets a variety of bills. This page suggests how they should be dealt with.
- Is the bill already paid or automatically paid, e.g. by Direct Debit?
- Is the bill unpaid?
In this case it's vital that the bill is added to FreeAgent ASAP and then filed (so that no-one accidentally adds it again).
Go to FreeAgent and on the Overview screen click "Quick Links" => "New Bill"
- Select the correct Supplier Contact or add a new one
Enter a reasonable reference number, JohnMcKerrell sometimes concatenates if there are multiple numbers that seem relevant e.g. 4DOES7485 for ETS/Gostins bills.
- Enter the bill date that is written on the bill (or the date received if there is nothing on the bill)
- Enter the date that the bill is due, if no date is given then perhaps today's date. (ETS/Gostins bills should be due in 1 month from the bill date)
- Enter the total value and modify the VAT drop down if necessary (ETS/Gostins bills are not VATable)
- Select something from the Category box, often this is simply Office Costs
- Comments box is usually left blank but feel free to write something if you feel the need
Click "Create & Finish"
- Generally banking should be done regularly enough and the person should spot unpaid bills but it doesn't hurt to inform organisers once a bill has been created just to make sure. In the case of a bill being emailed to organisers@ this is still valid as you want to make sure no-one adds a duplicate bill.